WILLOW FRAME BASKET
10:00 - 17:00
Tutor: Louise Arthur
ABOUT THE COURSE
Willow weaving training course in the Hampshire South Downs. Participants will make a hand woven gypsy style frame basket from sustainable willow. Use your basket for gathering berries, mushrooms, eggs, herbs or displaying treasures.
THE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU
- Skills in willow basket making techniques
- Knowledge on how to select suitable materials
- Understanding of how to grade, dry, store and soak willow
- Knowledge about the ecological credentials of willow
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
Those with some manual dexterity, hand strength and patience!
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
This course will take place indoors in The Green Room.
- Apron (optional)
- Sharp secateurs if you have some
- Packed lunch or lunch is available from The Beech Cafe on site
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Louise Arthur specialises in willow weaving and environmental education. She is highly skilled at making baskets from sustainable local willow and foraged hedgerow materials. These natural, biodegradable, little gems reflect the biodiversity of our countryside hedges and range in colour, texture and form. Louise is a member if the Basket Makers’ Association and the Heritage Crafts Association. As an experienced workshop leader, she is passionate about sharing her love of willow crafts with adults and children.