ABOUT THE COURSE
An experience day for teachers, early years practitioners and parents to give a taste of the Forest School approach to learning in our beautiful woodland site in the Hampshire South Downs. Have a go at fire lighting, den building, tool use, plus other woodland crafts and activities. Find out how Forest School supports children and adults of all abilities to learn in the outdoors.
THE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU
- An understanding of the ethos behind the Forest School principles
- A chance to try your hand at a range of skills and activities in an outdoor environment
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
Suitable for individuals wanting to find out more about Forest School and/or considering embarking on Forest School Leader training.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Packed lunch or lunch can be purchased from the Beech Cafe
- Sturdy footwear (walking boots or wellies), waterproofs and warm layers.
- Be prepared to spend the whole day in the woods.
- Water bottle
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Sara is an experienced Forest School Practitioner, a biologist by training (her PhD is in forest entomology) and is an Accredited Practitioner of the Institute for Outdoor Learning. She is also a volunteer Director of the Forest School Association.
You can get 10% discount when you stay with us during your course for 2 nights or more in our campsite or eco lodge. Please call us on 01730 823166 to make your accommodation booking. Our reception is open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.