10:00 - 15:30
Tutor: Jonathan Huet
Hot drinks included
Another whittling course we offer with this tutor in September is Unwind in the Woods
"Very good knowledgeable and experienced instructor."
"Fantastic relaxed course. I would highly recommend to anyone wishing to dabble in greenwood whittling."
ABOUT THE COURSE
Learn how to carve a spoon, spatula and butter knife on this wood carving course in the Hampshire South Downs. Our tutor, Jonathan Huet, will teach you how to use a knife, saw, crook knife and axe to whittle items from locally harvested green wood.
THE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU
- Skills to use a knife, saw, crook knife and axe safely for wood carving
- Confidence to carve your own spoon, spatula and butter knife
- Knowledge of how to maintain green woodwork tools
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
Beginners and people wishing to improve their green woodwork skills.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Packed lunch and snacks, alternatively food can be purchased from the Beech Café.
- Warm outdoor clothes. The course will take place in our outdoor Woodland Classroom.
- Fingerless gloves would be useful on the April course
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Jonathon Huet is a woodsman, naturalist and bushcraft instructor. He has extensive experience of running outdoor courses and of working with a range of people for a variety of reasons. From those with learning difficulties who may be wishing to improve confidence and attention, to those simply wishing to learn a new skill or strengthen a team, Jonathon’s knowledge and teaching style is appreciated by all. Jonathon is a dynamic, creative, professional storyteller and speaker who has Teacher Training in Bushcraft, and holds qualifications in Woodcraft and Expedition Leadership.
Check Out Accommodation
You can get 10% discount when you stay with us during your course for 2 nights or more in our campsite or eco lodge. Please call us on 01730 823166 to make your accommodation booking. Our reception is open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.