The Hedgehog Challenge
Here are two fun kids activities which can help to raise money for the Leaves for Learning Appeal, as well as showing easy ways you can be a bit more sustainable in your everyday life.
We are raising money to build a New Learning Centre for schools and visitors to The Sustainability Centre.
the Eco Challenge
If you can achieve 10 Eco challenges you can join The Hedgehog Club and get a hedgehog badge.
Get friends and family to sponsor you to do ALL of these 10 things for a whole month.
1. Take your old toys to a charity shop.
2. Turn the heat down by 1° C and put on a jumper.
3. Turn off lights EVERY time you leave a room.
4. Turn off ALL TV’s at the wall every night.
5. Always turn off taps when brushing teeth.
6. Walk if the journey is short enough not to take the car.
7. Plant some vegetables in your garden.
8. Put ALL your vegetable peelings in to a compost bin to save for the garden.
9. Put ALL paper and cardboard in the recycling.
10. Collect rainwater to water your garden.
The Activity Challenge
Choose one or more of these sponsored ideas and raise some money for the Leaves for Learning Appeal.
1. Do a sponsored BALL BOUNCE for 1p per bounce.
2. Do a sponsored SILENCE for 1p per minute.
3. Do a sponsored SING for 1p per minute.
4. Do a sponsored NO CHOCOLATE week for £1 per day.
5. Do a sponsored SKIP for 1p per skip.
6. Do a sponsored WEEDING OF THE GARDEN for 1p per minute.
7. Do a sponsored LITTER PICK for 1p per minute.
8. Do sponsored KNITTING for 1p per stitch.
9. Do a sponsored CAKE BAKE and sell them for 20p per cake.
10. Do a sponsored HOP for 1p per hop.