10:00 - 16:00
Tutor: Jonathan Huet
Hot drinks included
ABOUT THE COURSE
On this one day introduction course, discover the spiritual practices of the Celtic Bard: stories, poems, woodland traditions and meditation. This unique course will take you through an in-depth exploration of the trees, plants, landscape and seasons. Discover how woodland traditions and folklore are relevant to our lives today and explore nature-based meditation.
THE COURSE WILL COVER
- Understanding and working with the Celtic Tree Ogham.
- Nature-based meditation practices
- Folklore and uses of trees and plants
- Identification and uses of trees and plants
- Stories and poems connected to British Woodlands
- Study booklets to help you continue your exploration at home.
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
All levels - for beginners and those with knowledge of woodlands who wish to learn more.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Packed lunch or food can be purchased from the Beech Café.
- Suitable outdoor clothing for the weather. The course will take place in the woods.
ABOUT THE TUTOR
This course is run by Woodland Bard, Jonathon Huet, a specialist in tree and plant folklore. Jonathon has worked for over twenty years teaching bushcraft skills and specialising in a knowledge of the British flora, environmental storytelling and Celtic folklore. Jonathon’s traditional nature- based stories are told with passion and enthusiasm brought alive with poetry, song and rhythm.