10:00 - 13:00 or 14:00 - 17:00
Tutor: Louise Arthur
ABOUT THE COURSE
Willow weaving training course in the Hampshire South Downs. Experience the delights of creating a support for climbing plants like sweet peas or green beans. Come with enough space to transport your work home and plant up your creation into a pot or straight into the ground.
THE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU
- Ability to make a variety of items for the home from willow
- Knowledge on how to select suitable materials
- Understanding of how to grade, dry, store and soak willow
- Knowledge about the ecological credentials of willow
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
Those with some manual dexterity, hand strength and patience!
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Warm work clothes, plus waterproofs/sun hat. This course will take place in our outdoor Woodland Classroom.
- Sharp secateurs
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Louise Arthur specialises in willow weaving and environmental education. She is highly skilled at making baskets from sustainable local willow and foraged hedgerow materials. These natural, biodegradable, little gems reflect the biodiversity of our countryside hedges and range in colour, texture and form. Louise is an excellent teacher who has years of experience running outdoor education sessions with the Forestry Commission and at The Sustainability Centre. As an experienced workshop leader she enjoys sharing her love of willow crafts with adults and children.