ABOUT THE COURSEs
Willow Christmas Trees and Rush Reindeer
A fun hands-on session weaving natural festive decorations. We will create a freestanding Christmas tree using colourful willow then follow instructions to fold a reindeer from rushes.
Festive Willow Wreaths and Stars
Get in the festive mood by learning how to create a natural willow wreath. You can then combine willow hoops to form frames to decorate at home. We will also make different style stars and decorate wands with foliage.
THE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU
- Skills in crafting with willow
- Knowledge on how to select suitable materials
- Understanding of how to grade, dry, store and soak willow
- Knowledge about the ecological credentials of willow
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
Those with some or no previous experience, but at least some manual dexterity, hand strength and patience is required.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Some sharp secateurs
- Packed lunch although lunch is also available to purchase from the Beech Cafe.
- This course will take place indoors.
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Louise Arthur specialises in willow weaving and environmental education. She is highly skilled at making baskets from sustainable willow and foraged hedgerow materials. These natural, biodegradable, little gems reflect the biodiversity of our countryside hedges and range in colour, texture and form. Louise is a member if the Basket Makers’ Association and the Heritage Crafts Association. As an experienced workshop leader, she is passionate about sharing her love of willow crafts with adults and children.