Explore Ancient Woodlands - 20th Dec 2020
Explore Ancient Woodlands
A live event online
Sunday 20th December 2020
14:00 - 16:00
Tutor: Jonathon Huet
Join Woodland Bard, Jonathon Huet, in an interactive and creative exploration of the history, uses and folklore of Britain’s woodlands.
The first part of the afternoon will take you on a journey into the history and folklore of native woodlands. You will learn how our woodlands were formed, what they looked like and what trees were present. As we weave our way through the woods, we will look at how our ancestors would have viewed their surroundings and will explore some of the stories, poems and usage of individual trees. The afternoon will include an exploration of the original flora and fauna and the concept of rewilding for the future.
Book your spot and settle in at home for a wonderful winter journey in to our virtual woodlands. This is an online event not to be missed.
The course will cover:
- A journey into the history and formation of British woodlands
- An interactive exploration of the uses and folklore of trees
- The sharing of poetry and stories connected to trees.
- An exploration of the original flora and fauna and the concept of rewilding for the future.
- A welcome pack with a herbal tea and informative handout will be posted to each participant (if you book by Tuesday 15th December).
The course will be hosted online using Zoom. Participants will be emailed a link to join the event the week beforehand.
* indicates a required field