Deer Butchery Masterclass - 25th Feb 2021
Thursday 25th February 2021
9:30 - 16:30
Tutor: Jamie Corry
Cafe lunch included in the cost
A whole deer in a day course - learn butchery and cookery skills on this intimate, four-person training course. You will learn to skin, butcher and cook the different cuts of meat using a variety of techniques that show the versatility and flavour of wild venison. You will look at how you can utilise other parts of a deer including sinew, fat, antlers, bones and hide.
- Find out about more about deer management and benefits of venison
- Learn how to skin and butcher a deer shot locally by the instructor himself
- Try different cooking techniques including carpaccio, steaks and roasts
- Rediscover ancestral skills to make use of the hide and antlers
- Finish off the day enjoying a meal of campfire cooked venison cooked using different methods complete with wine
- Take some venison home with you that you have butchered yourself.
- Tea and coffee throughout the day