Wooden Stool Making
09:30 - 16:30
Tutor: Phil Clayton
Hot drinks included
ABOUT THE COURSE
Learn green woodwork techniques and make your own rustic stool on this training course in the Hampshire South Downs. Our tutor, Phil Clayton, will teach you how to use traditional hand tools and woodcraft skills, to craft your stool from locally grown wood.
THE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU
- Knowledge of the properties of different types of wood
- Skills in using hand tools, including a froe, carving axe, drawknife and a shavehorse
- Understanding of how to construct a stool using traditional methods
THE COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
Suitable for beginners and people wishing to improve their green woodwork skills.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Stout footwear and outdoor clothing. This course will take place outdoors in our Woodland Classroom.
- Packed lunch or lunch is available from the Beech Cafe
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Phil has been involved in coppicing now for several years, primarily hazel and sweet chestnut, and is a member of the Hampshire Coppice Craftsmen Group.