ABOUT THE COURSE
Learn needle felting techniques to make your own robin on this workshop in the Hampshire South Downs. Discover how to make a festive decoration using just a felting needle to felt natural British wool fibres together. Carol will show you how to shape the wool, blend colours, create textures and features to create a mini robin decoration, completed with glass eyes perched on a wooden cotton reel bobbin. This popular introduction to the therapeutic art form of needle felting will cover all the basics required to make your very own 3D ‘felted friend’ sculpture.
THE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU
- Basic skills in felting wool using a special barbed needle.
- Understanding of how to shape and sculpt the wool by continued poking.
- Blend wool to create shades and new colours.
- Create 2D structures for wings that enhance the 3D sculpture.
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
Suitable for beginners to improvers.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Please wear comfortable clothes as we will be sitting for long periods.
- Lunch is available from the on-site Beech Cafe, or you may choose to bring your own.
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Carol loves colour and spent many years as a decorative artist and interior designer. She fell in love with needle felting after attending a workshop with her sister, about 100 miles away, run by the amazing Felt & Dandy. The excellent tuition opened up a new world for her. She decided, after lots of experiments with wool, to try to create her own little hub of 'makers' in her area so they could share the joy of poking wool into anything their imagination could create. Living in the beautiful Hampshire countryside Carol’s preference is, not surprisingly, sculpting woodland birds and mammals, but sometimes bright wool colours call her to create kingfishers & hummingbirds. She also ‘paints with wool’ to create beautiful 2D dog portraits.