Courses Covid Information
Updated July 2021
We are open again for adult courses and children's workshops. There are some changes to our usual practices but a warm welcome awaits you and our aim is to create a safe environment for you to learn and be inspired. We are keeping our policies, procedures and risk assessments under review in line with changing Government advice and guidelines.
What we expect from adult course participants:
- Please help to protect our staff and others on this course by not attending if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (a temperature; a new, continuous cough and/or the loss of taste or smell) or if you have been asked to self-isolate. If you need to cancel a course anytime due to COVID-19, you can use the funds for a future course, make a partial donation with a partial refund or claim a full refund.
- We request that participants notify us if they develop symptoms up to 14 days after attending this course so that staff and other course participants can be made aware.
- After 19th July for time being we will encourage participants to wear a face covering indoors, unless exempt or whilst consuming food or drink.
- Hand washing and the use of hand sanitisers will be required before entering the premises and throughout the day.
- After 19th July, there will be no requirement to socially distance, but the government advises limiting the close contact you have with those you do not usually live with.
What we are doing:
- If we have to cancel a course due to Covid restrictions, customers will receive a full refund.
- If you need to cancel a course anytime due to COVID-19, you can use the funds for a future course, make a partial donation with a partial refund or claim a full refund.
- We have fully revised our risk assessments to adhere to the Government issued COVID 19 guidelines and reduced participant numbers where necessary.
- All surfaces and any equipment will be fully sanitised prior to each course.
- We will ensure there are sufficient and dedicated toilets for each course group to use, which will be cleaned regularly, following government guidelines.
- Teaching spaces are subject to a thorough clean in between different groups using them.
- New cleaning regimes are in place for the use of shared tools and equipment.
- The course materials provided will be handled and distributed adhering to strict hygiene procedures.
- Our method of providing refreshments has been risk assessed and adapted for our customers safety. We have changed how we prepare and serve hot drinks and snacks to you.
- We will maximise the amount of time spent outside whenever possible.
- The doors and windows will remain open whenever possible during indoor courses to ensure regular airflow.