Courses Covid Information
We have been working hard behind the scenes to plan for our re-opening and in line with government advice will gradually re-start our courses from September 2020. There will be some changes to our usual practices but a warm welcome awaits you and our aim is to create a safe environment for you to learn and be inspired.
What we expect from adult course participants:
- Please help to protect our staff and others on this course by not attending if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (a temperature; a new, continuous cough and/or the loss of taste or smell). If you need to cancel a course anytime due to COVID-19, you can claim a full refund, minus a £30 admin charge. Please note this admin charge will help to pay staff and ensure we can continue to function and offer courses in sustainable skills.
- We request that participants notify us if they develop symptoms up to 14 days after attending this course so that staff and other course participants can be made aware.
- Following government advice, participants are asked to wear a face covering indoors.
- Hand washing and the use of hand sanitisers will be required before entering the premises and throughout the day.
- Please endeavor to social distance keeping 1 metre + away from other people during the course.
What we are doing:
- We have fully revised our risk assessments to adhere to the Government issued COVID 19 guidelines and reduced participant numbers where necessary.
- We will welcome delegates outside at a specified meeting point.
- All surfaces and any equipment will be fully sanitised prior to each course.
- We will ensure there are sufficient and dedicated toilets for each course group to use, which will be cleaned regularly, following government guidelines.
- We will maximise the amount of time spent outside whenever possible.
- The doors and windows will remain open whenever possible during this course to ensure regular airflow.
- Classroom seating will be set up ensuring the 1 metre + distancing rules are met.
- The tutor will retain a 2 metre + distance from the delegates. In the cases where this is not possible, a face covering will be worn.