10:00 - 16:30
Tutor: Jill & Ian Sainsbury
Social distancing measures due to Corona virus may mean this course will not go ahead on this date, so bookings are currently on hold. Please do join the waiting list, to keep update on new course dates.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Learn how to make tasty drinks from hedgerow ingredients on this cordial making course. Our tutors will guide you around our beautiful Education Centre in the heart of the South Downs, teaching you to identify and forage tasty ingredients from our local hedgerows. The class will then move into the kitchen where you will prepare and turn your delicious ingredients into syrup to take home.
THE COURSE WILL GIVE YOU
- You will leave at the end of the day with a bottle of your own home-made cordial.
- The course will give you an understanding of what sort of ingredients work best in cordials and soft drinks, and where to find these ingredients.
- You will gain an understanding of the cordial-making process including sterilising bottles and how to store the drinks.
THE COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
Those with no previous experience or those wishing to improve/learn new techniques.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Comfortable footwear
- Gardening gloves and secateurs
- Trug/bucket for collecting fruit in
- Packed lunch or lunch can be purchased from the Beech Cafe
- Warm clothes, boots and waterproofs for the foraging walk.
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Jill and Ian have been using local and seasonal produce to make delicious chutney, condiments and cordials for many years and are the founders of Veggie Patch. Their nettle cordial recently won the coveted taste award in the 2015 national 'Great Taste Award'. www.veggiepatchproduce.co.uk